State Scholarship Program
The New Jersey School Buildings and Grounds Association seeks to assist students who will continue their education by offering scholarships to students in search of an Associate or Bachelor's degree or training in the trades or technology fields.
Any graduating High School senior is eligible to apply for a scholarship. A total of $ 6000 has been budgeted for the 2021 Scholarship Program for up to six individuals based on the selection criteria with an additional Presidential Scholarship award of $1000 for a child of a Facility Manager in good standing with the Association prior to December 1, 2020. The individual scholarships are $1,000.00 each.
The scholarship payment will be made directly to the recipient upon proof of acceptance to an accredited college. Individuals interested in being considered must complete all application materials listed below and submit the required documents by the application deadline of March 8, 2021
Procedure for Submitting Application
- This information packet contains all the materials necessary to participate in the NJSBGA Scholarship Program.
- The scholarship information should be completed by both the applicant and his/her Principal or Counselor. As the instructions indicate, the applicants Principal or Counselor should complete Parts I, II and III, while Parts IV, V, VI and VII are to be completed by the applicant.
- Mail your completed application packet to the Program Director with a postmark no later than March 8, 2021
- PLEASE COMPLETE FORMS ON ONE SIDE ONLY FOR EASE OF COPYING.
- Please refrain from the use of abbreviations in completing your forms.
Each applicants application will be assigned an "APPLICATION NUMBER" to ensure impartiality and objectivity. A committee, composed of NJSBGA Executive Committee members, will judge each application.
The criteria for the judging of the applications will be as follows:
- Financial Need 25 Points
- Transcript; Grade Point Average 10 Points
- Curriculum Load 10 Points
- Honors, Awards, Recognitions, Activities, Sports, Work, Volunteering 10 Points
- Essay 25 points
All winners will be announced at the State Committee Meeting held in June and will be contacted by the State Executive Committee.
ENSURE ALL REQUIRED FORMS ARE SIGNED AND ENCLOSED.
Mail the four (4) page application and two (2) letters to the NJSBGA Scholarship Chair:
Mr. Christopher Caponegro, CEFM
Harold Wilson School
Office of Facilities Room 216
190 Muhammad Ali Aveune
Newark, NJ 07107